Marshfield Food Safety, LLC offers high quality microbiological food safety testing, focusing on every step of the food chain, from farm to table. Marshfield Food Safety, LLC offers great employee benefits and incentives, a diverse and innovative work environment, and laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
We currently have an immediate opportunity for a Laboratory Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Tuition Reimbursement.
Role: Responsible for assisting the Laboratory Manager in the overall operation of the laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing, hiring, and orientation to the most competent, qualified individuals for job openings that may occur, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and standard business practices.
- Handles all administrative and human resource procedures and paperwork associated with hiring, induction, orientation, benefit enrollment, payroll, policy administration, keys and security, discipline, terminations, and COBRA.
- Directly supervises, assigns and provides follow up to employees to ensure all samples are tested accurately and test results reported in a timely, efficient manner.
- Provides resources, adjusts workloads, and assures training for laboratory staff to facilitate completion of assigned tasks in a safe work environment consistent with test requirements and personnel capabilities.
- Conducts random and scheduled objective performance reviews for new and existing
- employees using established GLP, ATPs, policies, procedures, and test methods taking immediate documented corrective action to correct observed deficiencies and maintains records of these reviews. Provides guidance and discipline as appropriate.
- Acts as primary interface with customers.
- Ensures that established accurate and consistent procedures and test methods are followed in all day-to-day operations without deviation. Develops and implements new procedures and/or revises existing procedures and test methods as needed. Attests, by signature, to the validity of laboratory tests and reports.
- Maintains an understanding of, ensures compliance to, and continually improves the effectiveness of Marshfield Food Safety’s Quality System including the Quality Manual, Quality Manual System Procedures (QMSPs), and procedures as applicable to ISO 17025.
- Identifies and records nonconformance on Deviation Report or Corrective Action Request.
- Identifies and records potential nonconformance on Preventive Action Request.
- Reports deficiencies or malfunctions to senior management.
- Maintains records and manages all quality activities and laboratory testing activities as documented in procedures and test methods.
- Ensures overall laboratory safety, that all safety training is current, that documented safety audits are done as scheduled, and that the site-specific safety program is followed. Ensures all facility and equipment maintenance and calibration is performed as scheduled, maintaining the required records.
- Make precise measurements using visual assessment (examples: balance centering, weighing small amounts on balance, verification of equipment using small amounts of standard).
- Handles samples and performing analyses according to procedures and test methods, which includes verifying small liquid transfers.
- Accurately enter and/or verify sample results into computer.
- Responds to client inquiries and provides professional advice.
- Coordinates purchasing requests.
- Ensures that the operational needs are within budget and advises management of any discrepancies.
- Communicates with staff regarding their job performance and quality objectives of the organization.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses own time and staff time efficiently.
- Quality - Monitors own work and work of others to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience/Additional Requirements: Undergraduate degree in microbiology or related scientific field is preferred but experience may offset the educational requirement. If degreed, one-year experience in a laboratory (medical, microbiological, chemical, or animal) or related experience required. Quality assurance/quality control experience with GLP, GMP, ISO, A2LA, or other quality standard must have been associated with lab experience. If not degreed, two years’ experience as stated above. M.S. degree in microbiology or related scientific field requires no laboratory experience.
The individual must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language and have a legible handwriting.
The individual must be familiar with the most common Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer at a minimum.
Typical Work Environment: Laboratory and office setting. Fast-paced, stressful environment. Problems must be resolved quickly and efficiently. Root causes of problems must be identified and dealt with promptly. Always more than one activity going on at any given time. Possible contact with infectious materials, biohazards and unpleasant odors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Marshfield Food Safety, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.